Friday 24 February 2012

That gloomy feeling!

Okay, so I only lost a pound but at least it's in the right direction. I have tortured myself the last few days as you may have seen from earlier WW status updates, but for what reason? I'd been good all week, I'd exercised, I'd turned down cake when it was offered and I didn't even have a pancake! so why did I put myself through this mental torture?

At the start of my new way of eating (I hesitate to say diet), I swore that I wouldn't worry about having the odd treat etc, but now that I have lost over a stone I beat myself up everytime I give into snack attacks (that ususally involves crispbreads and wafer thin ham); I wouldn't care but I still point them up, so it's not as though I'm out of control. I think my disappointment at only losing a pound stems from the fact that now that I've started to lose the weight (I didn't think that I ever would), it can't come off fast enough. I have visions of the beautiful new clothes that I'm going to buy, being my own version of Venus on the beach (I have the Bananarama song Venus going through my head - "baby she's got it..."), and having heads turn as I enter the ballroom at Xmas in my beautiful full length figure hugging ballgown.

So, my mini target this week is to try and lose at least 2lbs, I'll continue with the aquafit (always good for a laugh), swimming as well as sessions in hot fog and the bubble bath (otherwise known as the steam room and jacuzzi).

No comments:

Post a Comment