Thursday 16 February 2012

3 weeks, 14 1/2 pounds and 1 dress size

Not that I want to gloat or anything, well yes I do, but I've lost 4lbs this week bringing my total to 14 1/2lbs off.  Wow, I've been so afraid of failure that I can't believe just how easy I've found this - why didn't I do this before?  I've been trying on ball gowns today, (tents that pass for ball gowns in varying shades of black), some of which haven't fit for a year or so; it's such a boost when you find that in just 3 weeks they now all fit.  I have to say though, I can't wait for the day when they're all too big, no longer will I feel like the elephant in the room when at the works xmas do's, no longer will I look like the fat bint in the black sack wobbling like a jelly on the dance floor and no longer will I feel ashamed of how I look.  I'm actually looking forward to the summer now and to the day I can wear shorts again, something I haven't done for years and do I dare say it, a bikini!  Ooh maybe not, but to look nice in a nice swimsuit would be good.

On the swimming front, I've been twice this week and oh my days I shared the jacuzzi and steamroom with some of the Donny Rovers team again!  Certainly gives you a good reason to go!!

I must confess to one fear; that of the saggy skin after large weightloss syndrome; the thoughts of being able to pull up my arms and legs because of all the loose flesh and ending up with saggy boobs that end at my waist really worries me, no, terrifies me.  I have visions of looking like an old hag; at the moment I look young for my 47 years (so I'm told) because I don't have any wrinkles - is that because the fat's pushing them out??  I am also rather concerned that I will end up looking like Granma out of George's Marvelous Medcine "her mouths puckered like a dog's bottom", ooh the thought!

Anyway, small steps, and keep trying those clothes on, ooh and the odd length or 2 followed by something hot and steamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment